GENUINE CARE - DELIVERED
If It Needs An Express Solution...We'll Carry It
Our supply chain solutions are set up around customers who require an express service. Our business model is suited to a very wide range of products, including (but certainly not limited to):
- Automotive and engineering parts and tyres
- Stationery, print media and office products
- Hardware, toys and other retail goods
- Electronics, whitegoods and browngoods
- Cleaning and industrial products
- Beverages and packaged food products
- Various classes of Dangerous Goods in acceptable quantities (and with proper documentation)
- Any other items where time and service is critical
Does It Matter What It Looks Like?
Our service solution, handling, trucks/trailers and agents are most suited to carrying cartons, parcels, skids and pallets. While we do carry long lengths and oversize freight by exception, as a rule these do not play nicely with the other freight on the load and a next day service may not be possible. The best solution is to discuss with us anything that is outside the square and we'd be happy to talk you through its suitability.
What We Don't Carry (and this is important)
Unfortunately, there are some items that just don't work in our supply chain model. Primarily, these consist of:
- Some classes of dangerous goods such as Explosives (Class 1), Dangerous When Wet (Class 4.2), Certain Alkalis (Class 5.2) and Radioactives (Class 7). Please don't hesitate to call to confirm what classes are accepted
- Fresh produce and livestock
- Household furniture items that are not packed and on pallets
- Engines and gearboxes that have not been drained of oil/lubricant
- Bulk building products
- Cars and heavy machinery
If you are not sure, please check our Terms and Conditions or call us to confirm.
With over 40 years experience, Cochrane's is the supply chain partner you can trust
Contact us now to see out how we can work together.
We have been utilising Cochrane's (formerly Northern Kope) to service all our Autobarn/Autopro stores in South Australia over the last 4 years and I'm delighted to say they are one of our best carriers. When we first started working with Automotive Brands we really struggled to find a carrier that could meet the high demands of servicing the SA stores day to day orders. We had stores that required deliveries prior to 9am and others that had tailgate requirements on a daily basis. Cochrane's were tremendous in assisting Fortigo to understand the needs that each store had. Out of all the states that we currently service for ABG, South Australia is by far the smoothest.
Finally, if any issues ever arise then Cochrane's work very hard to resolve them. Thank you for the outstanding service provided thus far, and we look forward to many more years of strong business relationships.
Managing Director - Fortigo Transport Management